I am in California for my grandpa's funeral. He passed away on October 1st. I am staying at a hotel while I am here. I was supposed to stay two nights at my Uncle's house but I could barely make it one night. They have 4 cats and I am allergic. I can handle living with one cat with the help of homeopathic medicine but 4 was too much for me. About 30-40 minutes after I entered the house, my allergies started flaring up. My eyes got puffy, my nose got stuffy, and to top it off, my asthma flared up! I got about 2 or 3 hours of sleep that night. I am now staying at the hotel and feeling much better. I slept like a baby at the hotel. I can tell I am still on East Coast time because I woke up at around 4:30am PST, which is 7:30am EST. The hotel has continental breakfast from 6am til 10am so I filled up on food from there. I will have a nice healthy breakfast every morning I am there!
The hotel is located near shopping so I just walked next door to Old Navy! I spent about 45 minutes there, but didn't buy anything. My mom and I went shopping at Walmart and Kohl's. We ended up getting a zip-up cardigan/sweater with a hood for myself and 5 toys for Kyle! Two of them are remote control cars and the other three are Toy Story 3 toys. The Toy Story 3 toys were on clearance. They are so cute, they are a flashlight and they talk! Then we headed over to Kohl's. My mom bought a black tie for my Dad, shoes for herself, and shoes for me. I found a pair of toning shoes that were on sale by Avia. I've been wanting a pair of toning shoes for awhile now and so glad I have a pair.
What is Crunchy? "Green;" environmentally-friendly. I love green cleaning and making my own laundry soap!
His First Visit To His New School
Kyle starts school in just a few days! He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
I received an unexpected call today. I was surprised they called because they had called two Saturdays ago and didn't leave a message w...
-
While we were in Myrtle Beach, SC, we walked around one of their outdoor malls (Broadway at the Beach) on one of our date nights. I stopped...
-
As you can probably tell from the blog title, our visit did not go as planned. First, let's start from the beginning.
Sorry to hear that your grandpa died
ReplyDeleteSounds like you are just having a good time shopping!! Sorry to hear about your grandpa!
ReplyDelete