His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

It’s Almost Time

Today is Shannon’s Friday. This morning, he was even talking in his sleep saying “ It’s Friday.” He was half asleep when he was saying this so I assumed he didn’t remember. Tomorrow he’s going to pick up the moving truck with his dad. We reserved a 16’ truck, and his dad is going to drive it since he has the experience. I made all of the calls I needed to today to get things set up. I ordered our washer and dryer, which will be delivered on Tuesday. I also called the cable guy and we’re going to have cable, internet, and phone hooked up on Saturday afternoon. I really missed the DVR, so I can’t wait to get that going too. We are really looking forward to high speed internet again. We both love using the internet for different things and sometimes we are online at the same time. So we need high speed.

Our first couple of nights in our new place will be spent unpacking, organizing our things in the appropriate rooms, and letting Kyle explore his new home. We already have a list of the things we will need right away. We have a Wal-Mart down the street from us, which is convenient.

I’ve been catching up on letters these last couple of days. I have a bunch more letters to write, but some can wait a little longer, which I plan on getting to after the move.

Tomorrow, while Shannon is loading the truck, I will be packing everything in our bedroom (clothes, Kyle’s toys, etc) that we’ve taken out to use these last couple of months. I also need to do last minute laundry and cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment