His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Kyle falling asleep/New Plant

Kyle fell asleep in his own bed BY HIMSELF for the first time last night. We were both so amazed. Normally, one of us (usually me) had to be at his side when he fell asleep.

Kyle still isn’t talking yet, but we are both so eager for him to start. Shannon had met another mother at his work and her son was 3 ½. She had said her son didn’t start talking until around 2 ½. So we’re hoping this will happen for us. The last few days, Kyle has been trying to say many things. We just don’t know yet, but we both stop to listen.

I ordered a free plant (all I paid for was shipping) on my birthday and it arrived today. I ordered a baby aloe vera plant. I am nervous about it possibly dying on me because I did have an aloe vera before and that one died. But I have done my research on what type of conditions this plant needs. So I feel a little more confident with keeping this one alive. Shannon bought me a pot for it so I potted up my new plant tonight. I am actually proud of Shannon because he found a pot that was on clearance! LOL Plus I like it, it’s the type I would buy. I am new to cactus/drought tolerant type of plants so I am hoping I won’t kill this plant with love (over-watering).

My other plants are doing good. I have a handful of my spider plants in the kitchen, the light comes from the living room window. Only one side of our apartment has windows, so I don’t have many places to put plants. I have to keep my plants off the ground and out of reach from Kyle. My other plants are all in our third bedroom, which we use as our computer room.

No comments:

Post a Comment