His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Monday, August 4, 2008

Nap, Mini Date, Stray Cat

Shannon has split days off this week and today was his Saturday from work.

Kyle woke up really early. He went to bed last night around 7:30pm. The tv woke me up a few times this morning. Kyle has figured out the buttons on the tv and likes to play with them. He’s figured out how to turn the tv on and off. I woke up to the news, but apparently Kyle didn’t mind “watching” the news.

I also found out today that one of my home businesses will start charging a monthly fee to help cover the costs of our websites, forum, chat, etc. I was really upset about this and later discovered that many other consultants are too. Many of them are going to or thinking of leaving the company like I am. Thankfully, I have another home business that I am with that sells the same type of products.

I felt tired this afternoon so I was able to take a nap, so Shannon watched Kyle. It was nice being able to sleep in peace.

Shannon and I ordered I am Legend through our cable company. As the movie progressed we were both wondering if it was going to be another BORING movie like Castaway, where the main character ended up talking to a volleyball and a coconut. Since this was a Will Smith movie, it turned out to be really good. We weren’t thrilled with the ending though. Anyway, we ended up having a really good “mini date.” So we’re hoping to do this again.

I gave Kyle a bath tonight and as I was getting Kyle dressed, Shannon led me to the living room and said “That’s so sad.” Of course, I looked around and didn’t see anything “sad” and wasn’t sure what he meant. Then he said “look outside.” There was a stray cat on our porch. Shannon said she came up to him and started meowing. He tried giving the cat water, which she refused. Then he tried soy milk (we didn’t have cow’s milk) and cheese. She ate the cheese and that was about it. I don’t know much about cats except that I am allergic, so I kept asking Shannon about them. She stayed in front of our place for a good half hour and left.

No comments:

Post a Comment