His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Saturday, July 5, 2008

I can’t believe I forgot

I almost forgot to pay our rent for this month! I was reminding myself as the first of the month got closer. We didn’t pay rent until July 2nd. Thankfully they give us until the 5th of each month before it’s considered late.

Shannon has split days off this week. Tomorrow he is off so I did my cleaning today instead of tomorrow. His manager is still out of town. She doesn’t return until next Tuesday. So Shannon’s been running the department with the help of his division manager for the last 2 weeks. He also did the schedule for both weeks.

There are a lot more changes going on at his work. They are cutting hours like crazy! When they cut hours like they are, they are also cutting key positions, so some of the duties those people were doing aren’t getting done because everyone else is trying to do their work as well as do the work of 3 other people. They also sent several people home in the middle of a banquet, so the people that stayed ended up having to do twice the work. The people that went home, also lost out on their hours. The cut backs don’t make sense, and they also end up costing more in the end. They are also putting more strain on the supervisors and the employees that do end up staying.

As far as ordering the supplies they need, they only order what they need for the week and if they run out, they either go out and buy it at the store, or they work around it. This method ends up costing more because you have to send an employee off property in the company van, and buy the products you need. Their methods don’t make sense to the employees, supervisors and even me and I don’t even work there.

I’ve been taking a 10 in 1 liquid vitamin for the past few weeks and finally I had Shannon start taking it. On the first day, he noticed the benefits and he loves it. So I remind him to take his vitamin before he goes to work. Since his job is making some odd moves with cutting hours and putting strain on him and everyone else, I figured he could use the vitamin during this time. I joined a home business and their product is the 10 in 1 liquid vitamin. It is delivered to us every month.

We’re still waiting for Kyle’s potty! Kyle seems so ready to learn too. He’s always interested in our potty and it seems he’s ready to sit down on it.

I steam cleaned our carpets last weekend as well. I ran out of the manufacturers brand of recommended formula so I made a solution from Shaklee products and it worked fine. I actually think it worked out better. There was no chemical smells during and after the cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment