His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Adventures of Plants and Waiting

Shannon had his second day off today. He had split days off for the second week in a row. It looks like he’ll have split days off next week as well.

I ended up taking a nap this afternoon because I was bored and a little tired. I wanted to watch a movie with Shannon but instead, he wanted to watch a bunch of videos and read news articles on the internet instead. I thought he’d like this movie because it’s about the law and finding out the truth, and it’s based on a true story -- Erin Brokovich. A few weeks ago, I had referenced a scene in that movie and I wanted to show him, rather than describe it to him.

We went grocery shopping today and I ended up buying a plant that was on clearance! I couldn’t pass this up because:
1. It was on clearance
2. I really wanted to buy a new plant
3. There were 5 plants in one pot
4. The pot had plants I didn’t have yet and wanted to add to my collection
Since we have our own place again, I have been trying to rebuild my jungle! My new plant comes with a cute outer pot made of heavy paper/light cardboard. It is designed with a “back to school” theme to give to a teacher. When we got home, I gave it a good drink of water with a little fertilizer. I can identify 4 out of my 5 new plants, I will try to find out the name of the 5th plant.

I bought the ingredients to make my own chai tea mix. Since moving to NC, I have been unable to find the chai tea mix that I usually buy. I found this recipe on the internet and I have yet to try it. I found many different versions of chai tea mix so I am hoping I like this one.

Kyle was so good in the store, as always! He’s always so quiet and observant. He just likes looking around at everything and everyone. Once in awhile he’ll turn around and try to pick things up we put in the cart. He hasn’t figured out that he can reach out and grab things on the shelves, which is good. He has tried a few times but we just tell him he can’t do that. He’s not a hyper child in public which is nice.

When we got to the checkout stands, there was no crowd, but there were only a few cashiers open. Of course, we ended up waiting at least 30 minutes and by that time, our frozen foods melted. I am just glad we didn’t buy ice cream because it would have melted completely. There were plenty of self checkouts open but we’ve tried that and it actually takes longer to do, especially when you have a full cart. While we were in line, we saw a toddler bed set with Disney’s Cars on it. I showed it to Kyle and he couldn’t take his eyes off of it. He LOVES Cars! It was cute that he recognized the characters.




No comments:

Post a Comment