His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Is that really necessary?

I've been looking at Kyle's school supply list over and over again and after confirming with Shannon, we are only going to get the supplies we are able to.  There are some things on the list that make me wonder if they are really imperative to his learning, rather than what the teacher needs for the classroom supply.

I plan on writing a note to the teacher letting her know that we are unable to get every item on the list due to our situation.  Since we filled out the application for free lunch, I am sending Kyle to school with lunch money until we are approved for that. 

I really don't see the need for Kyle to have latex gloves, and hand sanitizer [he'll only use it if we offer it to him, otherwise he can wash his hands like he does at home].  There is also facial tissue (2 boxes), Gallon size ziploc bags, and Sandwich bags - to which I have because I bought them with coupons.  I really think all of the items above is for the classroom supply, which I don't think we as parents should be responsible for supplying.  Then again, this is coming from a household with no income! 

No comments:

Post a Comment