His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Job Interview with the County

I had my interview with the County today.  I applied for 3 different "office assistant" positions in mid-March so when she called me in for the interview, she didn't specify which position. 

The interview process was two hours.  The first hour was for testing.  The first test was a written test: alphabetize, put numbers in order, grammar.  There was also an exercise to prioritize your work day after returning from vacation.  They had a list of job duties and they wanted you to number them in the order you would accomplish them and explain why.  The second part of testing was a computer test on Excel.  Create a spreadsheet and then a typing test.  I didn't like the typing test because it was on Excel with numbers and typing and I had to use the TAB key and then go to the next line below.  It was difficult using the keyboard and the mouse.

During the interview, there were 4 people.  I later found out that one of the ladies is the immediate supervisor/manager and the person next to her was her manager.  She told me about the position and she pointed out my experience in PBX and my background with HIPAA.  When they asked me if I had any questions, I asked when will they hire for the position.  He said that the position has been open for awhile now and they hope to have a decision within a week! 

At the end, I kindly thanked them for their time!

No comments:

Post a Comment