His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Monday, April 1, 2013

The power of social media

I just want to acknowledge the power of social media!  When I was working in retail, they always told us that when a customer experiences bad customer service experience, they are going to tell 10 of their friends and those 10 friends are going to tell 10 of their friends and so on... 

Today, it is much more powerful when you have a compliment or a complaint to share about a company!  Today, we have the power of the internet.  We have Facebook and Twitter.  Not only can we share with hundreds of our friends, but their friends can see their comments too.  With Twitter anyone and everyone can see it and people can "share" it by Retweeting your tweet. 

I wanted to share what happened to me this afternoon.  Today is the first of the month, which means rent is due.  I took Kyle with me for a little walk to the management office to turn in our rent check.  There was a sign on the door that said they were out of the office helping future residents (or something similar) and they would return at 3pm.  However, I did not have a watch so I waited there for a few minutes, not sure what to do.  I had no idea what time it was.  As I started walking away, someone across the parking lot said that someone was in there and to just knock.  So I did.  When the manager came to the door, she peeked through the window and I held up my rent check.  At that time, she turned her head (as if to tell someone in the office) and said "Unbelieveable!"  She must think the door is sound-proof because I heard her loud and clear!!!!  I was so upset by this that I quickly handed her the check after she finally opened the door and walked back home with Kyle.  I was so ticked off that I wasn't sure if I should even tell Shannon about it because he never believes me or he'll take the other person's side. 

I ended up telling Shannon and he actually believed me.  That's a surprise.  But it was good to have his support.  He said that our neighbor was also pissed about something the manager said or did to her (he just doesn't remember what).  So, at least I am not the only one. 

I was really upset by this that I left a comment on the Facebook fan page (and quickly deleted it about a minute later).  I already know that when you leave a comment on a fan page, that it automatically sends an email to the page owner(s).  I "thanked them for being so rude and saying "Unbelieveable!" and let them know that the door is not sound proof.  After I deleted that comment on their fan page, I went to my own profile page and wrote something similar and tagged their page (which also sends them an email).  I deleted my comment from my profile page after about 10 minutes. 

Not a half hour later or so, the manager comes knocking on our door with some lame excuse.  I told Shannon her excuse and he doesn't buy it.  LOL  I don't either.  It was really lame. 

Anyway, that is the power of the internet.  I also wonder if her bosses check the fan page too, which is why she "followed up" with me and wanted to explain her actions to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment