His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Sunday, June 29, 2008

New Microwave

This is Shannon’s first full weekend with two days off in a row. He really needed this time off because his boss will be gone for another week. He’s getting a little overtime throughout the week, which will be good on the paycheck.

Shannon went to Walmart today to buy a new microwave. Ours broke a few days ago. I don’t know how old it was since we got it from my in-laws. He decided to buy the microwave today since we weren’t sure if it would fit in the car since we were planning on buying our normal amount of groceries. I am so glad we have a microwave again. It made me realize how much we use it. He also bought some frozen pizzas that we had for dinner today.

Since we bought a potty, Shannon picked up some pull-ups. We’re still waiting for the potty to be delivered to the store so we can pick it up.

I finally saw the movie Brokeback Mountain today. I recorded it last night. It was a VERY long 3 hour movie. It reminded me of the movie Castaway (which I also hated) because there wasn’t much dialogue or much going on in the movie. Shannon didn’t want to watch it because of the “gay cowboy” scenes. LOL Plus it had a few flashbacks which confused me at first, I guess I am used to the show Lost when they play music when there’s a flashback. It also seemed like the movie skipped dialogues or scenes, but that could be because I saw the cable tv version.

No comments:

Post a Comment