His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Unexpected call

I received an unexpected call today.  I was surprised they called because they had called two Saturdays ago and didn't leave a message which left me regretting not answering the phone.  Then I reminded myself that "things happen for a reason."  Shannon and I have learned to think like that for the last few years.

I applied online at JC Penney two Fridays ago and they called me the next day (two Saturdays ago) but didn't leave a message.  I thought that maybe they would call again a few days later and when they still didn't call, I remembered that "things happen for a reason." I tried not to dwell on it, and just forgot about it until they called today.  I've been so busy and preoccupied with other things lately.

I received a call today and she said they have an opening in "Family Shoes" and asked if I was interested and of course I said, "Yes!"  We set up an interview for Thursday afternoon.

After I got off the phone with her, I went over the conversation and I realized she never mentioned the word, "interview."  She only asked if I was "interested" in the position.  Does that mean she won't really "interview" me, she'll just tell me about the position and then give me a little tour?  She also sounded like she needed to fill the position quickly, at least I hope so. 

2 comments:

  1. So, how did the interview go? Retail this time of year can get very interesting.

    I'm following on GFC from the Weekend Gathering Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck!

    Found you on Finding New Friends Hop!
    Me ----> www.littlecrunchy.com

    ReplyDelete