His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Monday, November 15, 2010

Happy Birthday!

Today is Shannon's Birthday!  We had a busy day.  First, we had an IEP (individual education plan) Meeting at noon at Kyle's school.  The meeting lasted about 45 minutes.  Afterward, Shannon and I went to Walmart for groceries!  I am so glad we have food again.  We haven't been to Walmart in at least 3 or 4 weeks, but we did go to BJ's Warehouse a few weeks ago.  I bought some protein bars to eat after my workouts.  I am still trying to find a suitable whey protein shake for after my workouts!  Right now, I am using one I bought from Walmart and I am not sure if I like it or not.  I also bought avocados!  I was intending on keeping the seeds to plant in some soil.  However, I couldn't find any pots at Walmart, instead they have Christmas stuff in the Garden Center.  They had the soil I wanted, but decided to wait to get that.  Hopefully we can go to Lowe's or The Home Depot to get my garden supplies.

After Kyle arrived home from school, my MIL and I went to Dairy Queen and bought an ice cream cake for Shannon's birthday!  We bought an 8 inch cake and it was really good.  It was made with chocolate ice cream and chocolate cookie crumbles.  There was vanilla ice cream where the icing would be and it was so good.  Icing is usually so sweet and not very good but there was ice cream there instead.   Last year we bought an ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins and it wasn't as good as this one!  Dairy Queen sure knows how to make ice cream cake!  Kyle saw the cake right away and of course, he wanted to eat it right then.  He loved it, he loves ice cream! 

Thanksgiving is next week and my in-laws decided to buy their dinner from Whole Foods instead of cooking that day!  Even though the closest Whole Foods is in Winston-Salem (which is about 35-45 minutes away), they are going to drive out there to pick it up on Thanksgiving!  They brought home a copy of the menu for us to choose what to get.  My MIL chose a turkey breast and 3 side dishes.  I am getting the "vegan meal for one."  We are also getting sushi since Shannon loves it!  My MIL is getting the pie from Cracker Barrel.  Hopefully Kyle will eat some of the food, he's so picky, we never know what he'll eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment