His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Monday, January 10, 2011

Groceries before the Snow & My Phalaenopsis

Yesterday we went grocery shopping!  We wanted to do our grocery shopping before Monday because we are in the middle of a snow storm.  School was canceled today and it may be canceled tomorrow.  Last Thursday, I received a call from the Department of Social Services.  It was our food stamps caseworker letting me know that she is working on our application.  She is behind because they are down one person.  She also wanted to verify some of the information we provided.  Thankfully our foods stamps were approved by the time we went grocery shopping on Sunday!  I was ready to pay for our food out of our own pocket. 

In addition to our groceries, I also brought home a phalaenopsis orchid by a brand called "Just Add Ice."  I've been a fan of their facebook page for a few months now.  The page is active with fellow fans and the people at Just Add Ice.  The orchids were discounted by 50% of their original price just a month ago!  There were only about 10 plants left and I chose the smallest one, it looked the healthiest.  My orchid is purple/lavender.

No comments:

Post a Comment