His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

One more step towards green & frugal

I just made my first batch of homemade shampoo!  There is only 4 ingredients and you can get 3 of them at the grocery store and/or health store.  The ingredients include: Dr. Bronner’s organic castile liquid soap, apple cider vinegar, tea tree oil, and water.  I had to purchase Dr. Bronner's castile liquid soap from Amazon.  Apple Cider Vinegar can be purchased from Amazon too.  Tea tree oil can be found at Walmart, in the vitamin aisle.  Instead of using a spray bottle for my shampoo, I am using one of those soap dispensers that makes liquid soap come out all foamy.  Homemade shampoo is very liquidy, so it's best to use either a spray bottle or soap dispenser.  The shampoo doesn't bubble up like store-bought kind because it doesn't have the chemicals in it.  I actually like my homemade shampoo, I started to get annoyed with all the bubbles. 

Now I have 3 bottles of store bought shampoo in our shower.  One of them was sent to us for free and another was purchased from the store.  The other one was given to us by the in-laws.  I don't think Shannon will like using the homemade shampoo, but I will ask him to try it.  I also plan on making a body wash for Kyle's baths once his baby shampoo is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment