His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Our beloved Dyson Vacuum

We bought our Dyson vacuum in 2005.  Back then, they didn't have the smaller versions like they do now and ones that use the ball technology that make it easier to steer around furniture.  Our Dyson is big and bulky, especially now that we live in a small apartment. 

Our Dyson is close to dying.  The hose is ripped pretty badly and it's not picking up as good as it did before.  It has been through the ringer with moving, years of use and Kyle!  Kyle likes to play with the vacuum!

I went searching online for vacuums.  In the past, I noticed the Shark vacuum.  Their commercials say they offer "no loss of suction" just like the Dyson but they cost much less.  Since we don't have $380 or more to spend on a vacuum, I looked at the Shark vacuums.  I know Shannon is a little against the Shark because when we went shopping for his Mom's Christmas present a few years ago, he wanted to get her a Dyson, NOT a Shark.  I read the reviews on QVC and Walmart regarding Shark and a few reviews were from Dyson owners.

I ended up purchasing the following Shark vacuum:


Although, I saw the one below and really liked it, but chose the one above instead because of the price:

The professional model comes with an attachment that would have been nice, but not a necessity! 

I also compared the prices between Walmart and QVC.  QVC may have cost less but their shipping was almost $20 while Walmart was free shipping!

My new Shark vacuum should arrive by the end of next week!  I can't wait to try it out!  I paid for the vacuum out of my paypal account and it's almost already paid for from my blog earnings! 

No comments:

Post a Comment