His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Snow Tonight


We are expecting snow tonight!  I am not looking forward to it. 

Shannon reminded me that they may cancel school tomorrow.  I wish they didn't have to, but according to the forecast, it looks inevitable.  I really enjoy my quiet time when Kyle is at school. 

Shannon was called in to work from 10pm until 6am tonight.  This is the third night in a row due to someone calling in sick.  It just means more hours for us.  Shannon is trying to pay down his credit card that he racked up over the holidays. 

He worked at Best Buy today from 10am until 2pm.  He had to stop at the sporting goods store to find some warm socks or toe guards.  His shoes are sneakers and they get wet in the rain.  Which made me realize that he needs work boots, especially since they keep his feet dry and warm. 

I also reminded him to pick up a little sewing kit since he has a few buttons that needed to be sewn back on.  He already had needles, so he bought white thread.  He only has two work shirts for each job (his security job and Best Buy).  One of his security job work shirts had two buttons missing on the cuff, so I "sewed" them both back on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment