His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Friday, January 18, 2013

Snow!

It ended up snowing yesterday evening and all throughout the night.  The school district decided to close the schools for Friday and let everyone know yesterday evening.  I found out on Facebook from a local radio station's status update!  There were other people who commented saying they received phone calls (we never received a call).  I was planning on watching the local news station's website for updates if I didn't hear anything.  We do not have local TV, so I have to depend on the internet for news and updates. 

Since Kyle was home all day today, I did get a few loads of laundry done.

I am not sure what I will be doing this weekend.  I'm thinking about making soy candles!  I still have 3 more batches to make!  I am still burning candles from the first two batches I made in December.  I just love soy candles!  I also have a plugin tart warmer, which I use for any leftover wax from burned candles or from my tarts that I make from the leftover wax from when I make the actual jar candles.  I have the plugin tart warmer right next to my desk, so I turn that on while I am online.  It's nice to add scent to the room. 


No comments:

Post a Comment