His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Put in his notice

Saturday was a lazy day for me.  I didn't get much sleep from Friday night in to Saturday morning, so when I woke up, I just felt so tired.  I even skipped my workout.

I woke up today determined to get my workout done, which I did.  Shannon had to work last night from 11pm until 10:30am (he was covering a few hours for someone) and then head over to Best Buy to work 11am until 7pm.

At his security job, his boss put in his notice and Friday was his last day.  Since his position is open, they have another supervisor filling in for him until they can hire for the manager position.  Everyone is having to work a little extra to cover any spots left open.  Which is why Shannon had to work at extra 3 1/2 hours for his security job.

Shannon called me this afternoon while on break at Best Buy, I was surprised because Best Buy doesn't really give breaks.  They aren't required to, by law.  But since he's working 8 hours, he gets a half hour lunch.  He told me that he put in his notice with them, which I fully support.  The place is so unprofessional and they don't have any policies or procedures written down, so it's difficult to follow rules when you are being told conflicting information by different managers.  Shannon was told by the Assistant Store Manager to do something, yet he was told by another manager that he isn't supposed to do that.  After that, he was just upset at the conflicting policies being told to him.  He ended up putting in his notice and the manager had him fill out a form about why he is quitting.  Shannon said the Assistant Manager seemed upset that he was quitting. 

Shannon still has his security job and he can go into the main office and ask for more hours or any open positions that need a part time person.  He can also work the college games if we really need the hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment