His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Buying the big appliances online

Shannon and I were talking about what washer and dryer to purchase.  I would love to get an "energy star" washer and dryer.  I also asked him what he thought of the front loading washer vs the top loading washer.  We decided the front loading washer uses less water and our clothes would get a better wash with the front loading because of the way it spins.  With the top loading, you would have to fill the water level all the way to the top and there is no guarantee that the clothes at the very top will get washed. 

Plus, with the front loading washers, it sounds like you can really stuff them and they have a huge capacity.  That is helpful with bed comforters, sheets and other big loads.  

We're hoping to get a front loading washer.  Although, I do hate that I would have to stoop very low just to load the washer.  I could get the stand but those are usually an extra $300 or so, each. 

Also, Shannon is finally open to the idea of buying the washer and dryer online through the shopping site that I use to earn cash back on online purchases!  I told him that I would need to go to the store first to look at the models and then decide which ones to buy and make the purchase online.  Hopefully we can go later this week. 

Our washer will no longer connect to our kitchen faucet so I have been hand washing our clothes for the last few days.  We did use the laundry facilities at our new apartment earlier this week.  I am really wanting to get a washer and dryer for our apartment quick! 

No comments:

Post a Comment