His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

New school next year

After two years of attending his current school, Kyle will be attending a new school next year.  Since we moved, it put us in a different zone. 

I wanted to get him enrolled into the new school before school ends because it would give me one less thing to worry about.  I tried calling the elementary school closest to us and after being transferred to the Pre-K EC teacher and then having to call back, I asked if we should just come in.  We stopped by and I was able to speak to the head EC teacher and she was able to determine that he would not attend their school.  She gave me the number to her supervisor at the main office/district office. 

I called the number from the parking lot since Shannon has a cell phone and we were already out and about for this purpose.  Anyway, she took down Kyle's name and address and looked up what school he will attend.  She said she will email the principal to let him know.  They will set up transportation too.  She gave me his teacher's name and said I could call her about a week after school ends to meet with her if needed.

I feel better that he will be ready to attend his new school.  We even drove by the school.  It is an elementary and middle school on one campus.

I was also informed that they use the same program as his current school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment