His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Mostly Empty Shelves

Shannon had Saturday and Sunday off, so that was a surprise. I am really glad because we didn’t go shopping on his last day off, which was Thursday. We were literally out of food.

We were almost a week overdue for a trip to Walmart. We ended up buying a lot of bulk items, just in case the prices went up or the stores ran out of food. Also, we both noticed that all the shelves were half stocked or the items were completely gone. I did buy 4 bottles of shampoo that was on sale for $5. Most of the shampoo that was on sale was gone, I was lucky to find the last 4 bottles. Also, the oreos that were on sale were all gone. I don’t know if it was because it was the “weekend” and everyone went shopping or because they were having a big sale. I saw red ROLL BACK signs everywhere for just about everything. It was a little scary seeing the shelves that empty like that.

I had to stop by the nursery and saw a plant that I really wanted but ended up passing on because I knew our grocery bill was going to be big.

We ended up not buying our usual frozen foods this time because our cart was overflowing and we weren’t sure if we were going to have to wait in line for 20-30 minutes like last time. Shannon said he can stop by Walmart on the way home from work to get our frozen foods.

Kyle was so good in the store. He was so quiet and observant of everything and everyone around him. I wonder what it will be like when he starts really talking!

There is also a rumor going around his work that they may have to cut 15% of the workforce. Of course it’s a rumor, but it’s something to keep in the back of your mind.

After we got home and the food in the house, Shannon took Kyle outside to let him play around. Meanwhile, I put the food away. There was so much food that Shannon helped when he came back in. Plus I left some out for him to put away that had to go in the cupboards I can’t reach.

I also had a chance to catch up on laundry this weekend. I need to steam clean the carpets this week. I’ve been cleaning them at least twice a month.

I don’t know what to think about Wachovia merging with Wells Fargo. Wachovia happens to be the bank we use. Not only that, they made a deal with Citigroup. So I have no idea how this is going to play out. I opened up another savings account called Way2Save, which helps their customers save more. Money is put into that account automatically. It was free to sign up and we also earn interest on that account.

No comments:

Post a Comment