His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Does this make me a baker?!

I just made my homemade banana bread!  I am so proud of myself because I am not much of a baker!  I figure I can read, so surely I can figure out how to make something.  I am inspired to try more recipes!  I hope to try much more cooking and baking once we get into our own place again.

Last week, I had the idea in my head to make banana bread.  My son loves bananas, but sometimes he doesn’t.  That usually means that if we have bananas on hand and he doesn’t eat them, I freeze them to add to my smoothies or shakes. 

I bought all the ingredients needed to make banana bread a few days ago and then had to wait for the bananas to ripen!  Today was the perfect day to make them since I was bored and the bananas were ready!  Here is a picture of the finished product:



I had Shannon slice the bread, since he is better at that than I am.  He ended up loving the bread!  He said “it was good” which means a lot!  Although, he isn’t too picky on food, as long as it is edible.  If he didn’t like it, he would have said so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment