His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Update

We currently live with my in-laws and as you can imagine, it's been "oh-so-fun."  Can you hear the sarcasm?  We've lived with them off and on (mostly on) for almost 4 years and that is just way too long for me.  I am a private person, I like my having my OWN SPACE!  I've lived on my own since I was 20 1/2.  To put this in perspective, 4 years is half the amount of years my husband and I have been married. 

Anyway, my in-laws plan on walking out of their house either May 30th or June 30th simply because they cannot afford to live here.  Since they are going to be moving out, that means we will be homeless.  My husband and I plan on going to apply for Section 8 tomorrow while our son is in school.  We aren't sure what to expect, but we're hoping the waiting list isn't too long and how long we'll have to wait until we hear if we are accepted into the program.  I don't think we'll have a problem getting approved since my husband and I are both unemployed.  I am going crazy not knowing where we're are going to live.  I am putting all of my hope into getting approved for Section 8 and once we get over that hurdle, we can start looking for a place to live. 

Meanwhile, I know of only one expense we can cut down on since that is not a necessity.  The only other bill we have (beside paying rent to my in-laws) is our car insurance and we really can't cut that off. 

Mae Minerals ~ all natural mineral makeup, skin care, and lip gloss

1 comment:

  1. Section 8 is months and months. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete