His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Fungus Gnats!

Ever since we moved here, my houseplants have had fungus gnats!  They are crawling around in the soil too.  I tried letting my plants dry out between waterings and it seems they are still there.  I finally got tired of sitting there trying to catch the flying gnats with the vacuum hose and bought some organic insecticidal spray soap stuff.  It kills many other bugs but I think it will help with the gnats!  When I was looking for a solution, I wanted something safe to use around Kyle as well as us.  I don't want to pollute the air we breathe and it's safe enough to use on vegetable gardens.  Earlier this week, I tried having small containers of water with a little bit of dish soap mixed in and that caught at least 20 gnats!  Hopefully the organic insecticidal spray soap will work. 

Kyle had preschool today.  He went from 8:30am until 12pm today, so he stayed through lunch.  It sounds like he did better today!  He acts like he doesn't want me to leave but once he's preoccupied, I can leave and he's fine!  He has school for the rest of this week as well. 

We went grocery shopping at Walmart this afternoon.   I am going to try to use coupons to help us save money.  We have a Walgreens about 2 blocks from us so I am slowly building up my coupons and printing them out online.  I am focusing on non-food items for now such as paper towels, toilet paper, toothbrushes, and toothpaste.  I am going to try to follow the Walgreens ad and match my coupons with their sales to help us save more.  I did have to buy paper towels and spray n wash today since we are almost out of paper towels and I really needed spray n wash! 

I finally received another book to read and review!  I've been bored for the last week so now I'll have something to do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment