His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Day 2 of 5 = School

Kyle's second day of school went well!  His teacher gave me the information about the summer program and when I looked at the contact name, I noticed he had the same last name as Kyle's teacher: Sheffield.  I thought they may be related but didn't want to assume anything.  When we got home from dropping him off at school, I quickly sent him an email and about a half hour later he called.  I let it go to voicemail and decided to call him back after we picked up Kyle. 

When I called him back, he told me that he is married to Ms. Sheffield (Kyle's teacher)!  I believe "things happen for a reason" and Kyle was assigned to her class for a reason.  She is the one who recommended this program for Kyle and I think this would be really good for him and for us.  This place offers us some alone/quiet time while he is taken care of.  I think without her recommendation, we would have never found this place.  Mr. Sheffield told me that the program is paid for by Medicaid through the "CAP" program, which we would have to apply for separately.  I guess that can take a few weeks to actually get approved.  I called the contact person and she is out of the office on Friday and Monday and will return Tuesday.  I made an appointment with Mr. Sheffield so that we could see the place and take a tour.  We will also try to fill out some paperwork while we are there.  Shannon looked up the place online and found out that it's not too far from us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment