His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Friday, October 21, 2011

Back to JC Penney

Shannon and I went back to the mall this afternoon.  We wanted to leave the house since they were having a representative from the bank inspecting our building and the inside structuring of each of the apartments (for insurance purposes).  They said it wasn't necessary for us to be home.

It's nice to get out of the house, especially while Kyle is at school.  We usually aren't able to go out alone, except when Kyle is in school.  It's a weird feeling being out and about without Kyle, but we also miss him.  

I ended up returning the Liz Claiborne crops because when I tried them on again, I didn't like how the legs were so wide and loose around my legs.  Anyway, I ended up finding 4 long sleeved tops (much needed for the dropping temperatures), and a fleece sweatshirt and matching fleece pants.  As I was checking out, the cashier informed me that they are actively hiring for the Christmas season and that I should definitely apply!  I told Shannon about this and decided that at the end of this month, I will choose between getting a job or sign up for college!  I am interested in taking a Medical Transcription course that is offered through a community college.  The course is done completely online!  Also, they offer a special price for NC residents only of $350 total for the 2 part course.  It will take 8 months to complete.  It's done through a company that also offers job placement assistance/resume assistance. 


2 comments:

  1. I have gotten some great deals at Penney's.

    I am a new follower from the blog hop.

    Thanks!

    http://kidsaregrown.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great day of shopping... I need to go & get some long sleeves since the cold is creeping up quickly!

    I'm a new GFC follower stopping by from the Lets Get Social Hop. I would love for you to stop by and visit my blog; iluvtosave.net!

    Nice to meet you!

    ~Ola

    ReplyDelete