His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Homemade Chai Tea

I just made a batch of Chai Tea!  I tried making the same recipe about a year and a half ago and back then, it didn't taste right to me.

I've been craving chai tea and I don't like buying the liquid chai tea that you add milk to.  That kind is too sweet to me and gives me headaches.  Plus, I use a lot of soy milk that way.  I even tried looking for chai tea mix online but we don't have the money to be buying extra things like that.

I tried looking online for the chai tea recipe and found one.  Based on the comments, people love it.  Then I looked in my computer files and found that I still had the recipe saved.  Based on the comments, they use less sugar or substitute Splenda and use less.

Here is the recipe:

Chai Tea Mix

Ingredients

1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
1 cup powdered non-dairy creamer
1 cup French Vanilla flavored powdered non-dairy creamer
1 ½ cups Splenda or white sugar (original recipe calls for 2 1/2 cups of white sugar)
1 ½ cups unsweetened instant tea
2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon cardamom
1 teaspoon nutmeg - optional

Directions

1. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.  In a blender or food processor, blend 1 cup at a time, until mixture is the consistency of fine powder.  Store in a cool, dry place, in an airtight container.

2. To serve: Stir 2 heaping tablespoons Chai Tea mixture into a mug of 6-8oz  hot water.

Also, this time around, I have a new blender to blend the mix to a fine power!  After I mixed the ingredients, I used our Ninja blender!

As I type this, I am on my second cup!  It is so delicious!  Also, I was out of  unsweetened instant tea and I saw a person comment saying that they used a tea bag.  They added the chai tea mix and a tea bag to their cup.  I did just that.  I have green tea, so I added the mix and tea bag and stir!  Yummy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment