His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Getting Settled In

We finally arrived in North Carolina yesterday afternoon. We didn't get to our final destination until about 6:30pm last night. We stopped for gas and some antihistamine first. My allergies are going bonkers right now. I am not sure if it's the new environment/weather outside or because of my allergy to cats.

I took the antihistamine but apparently it only wants to work about 10% of the time. I looked up information regarding cat allergies on the internet and they did say if you open a window, it could help the air flow… so I have the window opened a bit and unfortunately it's cold outside. But I do like to breathe, so I have it opened. I also read that if you have an air purifier with a HEPA filter, it could help clean the air. So, I can't wait to get our air purifier, which happens to be packed with the rest of our stuff. I wanted to bring it with us, but my husband did not. So I feel like I am dying here. Our stuff won't get here until the end of the month, so I am dreading the wait. My asthma is also flared up. I had to use my inhaler about 6 times in a 12 hour time span. I hope to find an allergist soon, because I may need a refill on my inhaler real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment