His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Preschool and Groceries

Kyle woke up this morning at around 4:30AM or so, which meant I was "up" too.  I turned on the TV for him so he could watch his cartoons.  Meanwhile, I snoozed as long as I could.  When I got up and started getting ready, I also grabbed his socks and Kyle didn't like that.  He knows that when I grab his socks, it means he's going to school and as far as he knew, it was a school day.  He is so used to his usual routine, he knew that it wasn't a school day.  Since he was going to have a tantrum, I had to ease him into the idea of getting ready for school, and it worked!

While Kyle was at school, Shannon and I went to Walmart to get our groceries.  It's nice for us to "get out" without Kyle every once in awhile.  It's a little easier to shop without him because he wants us to walk together, and if one of us leaves to go look at something, he has something to say about it.  Shannon was going to get a new computer game but decided against it.  I bought some purple lined paper to use for writing letters.  I am just glad to have food again, since the last time we went, I only shopped for about a week's worth of food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment