His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Sunday, July 31, 2011

I just learned something!

A few weeks ago, I noticed that after my workouts, I get red in the face and it has never happened before!  I drink water during and after my workout, just because I  know I need to stay hydrated.  I have also noticed that I get a little more sweaty during my workouts too.  I thought it could be the weather, but I workout between 6am-8am or so.

Out of the blue, I decided to look up one of the medications I have been taking for a month and read the side effects.  I don't like taking medications because of the long list of side effects and the dependency of a doctor and pharmacy.  Here is the side effect that caught my eye: This medication can cause decreased sweating. Avoid becoming overheated in hot weather, saunas, or during exercise or other strenuous activities since heatstroke may occur.

When I clicked on "heatstroke," two of the things listed caught my eye:
Sweating that may be heavy or may have stopped.
Skin that may be red, hot, and dry, even in the armpits.

I did noticed an increase in sweat during my workouts and my face is red afterwards!  Scary!  I am just glad I know why both things were happening to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment