His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I saved how much?!

My last prescription was ready at Walgreens yesterday, so we all jumped in the car to pick it up.  I would have walked, but it was super hot and humid outside.  If I attempted to leave, Kyle would have wanted to go with me and walking with him slows me down, which means more sweat and more time in the hot sun! 

I only had to pay $3 for my prescription since we have Medicaid.  When I opened my wallet, I saw that I only had $2 and then I checked the other slot in my wallet and saw that I had $5, otherwise, I would have had to use my bank card for a $3 purchase.  As I was walking away from the counter, I looked at the paperwork that was stapled to my bag and it said, "With your insurance, you saved $188.99."  I was shocked at how much this medication costs!  All I could think was, "thank goodness for Medicaid."  If I didn't have Medicaid, I would have looked for an alternative herbal remedy. 

When I got back to the car, I told Shannon how much I "saved" and all he could say was "holy sh*t" or something to that effect. 

When we returned home, I took a pill and I took another pill this morning.  I don't think it has started working yet because there haven't been any changes.  I hope this does start to work soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment