His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Sunday, July 3, 2011

July 3rd

Tomorrow is 4th of July!  We don't have any plans but I have been thinking about making Pineapple Angel Food Cake or Brownies!  I can't decide.  Yesterday, I bought the stuff to make both. 

A few weeks ago I started getting the Sunday newspaper for the coupons.  Two weeks ago, I was able to save at Walgreens just from using coupons.  Last week was a little dull on the sales and coupons.  This week, I bought some things that were on sale, as well as use coupons with them.  I was able to get a bottle of Herbal Essences conditioner for free since it was on sale and I had a coupon for it!  I also bought two toothbrushes for free!  As I was putting away all the things I bought, I felt like I am becoming a hoarder!  I think it's more "stocking up" on the things we use. 

Last week, I bought a bottle of liquid castile soap with the idea of using it to make homemade hand soap, homemade dish soap, and other things.  However, I realized, I am saving more money using coupons.  I ended up returning the bottle of liquid castile soap, which was about $15!  I think I will continue to make our laundry soap just because it's all natural and it cleans our clothes so well and I don't need to use fabric softener. 

There are a few other things I need from Walgreens, and I plan to go again later this week.  As I am collecting more and more coupons, I am realizing that I may need to get a binder just to organize them.  More experienced couponers use a binder filled with plastic baseball card holders to organize their coupons. 

I am so glad that we live so close to a Walgreens (about 1 1/2 blocks away), so I can walk there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment