His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Sunday, July 10, 2011

My appointment

I had my doctor's appointment this past Thursday.  It was a long awaiting visit, since I haven't been to the doctor since 2007!  Since I was a new patient, they wrote down as much of my medical history they could.  Then they asked what issues I had wanted to discuss with the doctor (there were 3). 

Anyway, I am little surprised at how eager the doctor was to write me a prescription for medication.  I think our society is way over-medicated!  I suppose I am not on medication mainly because I haven't had medical coverage since 2006 or so.  Even when I did have medical coverage, I rarely used it.  The doctor didn't even question my wanting a prescription for an inhaler (for my asthma).  He also wrote me a prescription for birth control and one other medication.  I am pretty sure if we were in California and I asked for a prescription for medical marijuana, he wouldn't even question that!!!  So crazy! 

I ended up filling my prescriptions at Walgreens since it's less than 2 blocks from us.  I was able to get two of my prescriptions, the third one wasn't covered by Medicaid and they need to get authorization for another medication from the doctor.  My birth control cost $32.99 and the inhaler cost $44.99 -- I only paid $3 for the inhaler.  Thank goodness for Medicaid! 

I am happy to have Medicaid and a "regular" doctor.  Shannon and I have both been seen by the same doctor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment