His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Mini-Getaway

We just got back a little while ago from a mini-getaway!  We decided to stay two nights in Cherokee, NC.  We stayed one night at Fairfield Inn & Suites and then stayed the second night at Harrah's.  Our hotel at Harrah's was comped.  We were also able to comp our breakfast from this morning as well as a few other purchases. 

On our first night, I ended up finishing a book I had already started and was able to write the review the same day.  Our second night, I didn't have internet access because Harrah's charges their guests to use their Wi-Fi, so instead, I started reading a new book and already over half way done!

On a whim, we decided to get away.  Thursday afternoon, we just decided to go.  While Shannon made the hotel reservations, I packed our stuff.  Kyle was easy to pack and I packed my clothes pretty quickly.  The "hardest" part was gathering our toiletries.  We were able to fit all of our stuff into one suitcase!  It only took us 45 minutes to get packed, make hotel reservations, and out the door. 

Now that we're back, I am catching up on laundry and just trying to get back into our normal every day schedule.  Thankfully, I only have 2 loads of clothes to do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment