His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Boy, am I confused

I sent a message to my bank asking about a charge from our Check Card. I was confused as to whether we are being charged for HAVING the Check Card or for USING the Check Card.

Here is the response I received:

I have received your email regarding INTL fee. INTL fee is not charged
having a Check Card rather is charged for international Check Card
purchases. Our records indicate a INTL fee in amount of $0.30 is
charged for check card purchase in amount of $6.41. This transaction
was made at 2:59 pm at Concord, NC.


So I wrote them back with the following:

Forgive me, but what is considered "international"? This purchase was made from down the street from where I live (North Carolina), which happens to be part of the United States. Please explain.

I am reading and re-reading your message and even reading it out loud and having a hard time understanding how we are being charged for an "international" fee when we haven't even traveled outside of the country.

Thank you and I apologize for my confusion in the subject of Geography.

No comments:

Post a Comment