His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Trip to the Store, Baby Proofing, and Toilet Cleaning

Today was Shannon’s Sunday. He had split days off, so today was his second day off this week.

We went to the store for food, which we badly needed. Our fridge was pretty much empty and I went to bed on an empty stomach last night. Our grocery bill was high but I was expecting it. I bought some toilet bowl cleaner and a toilet brush. I was going to buy an automatic toilet bowl cleaner contraption but we needed two of them and it would have been about the same amount as buying a box of (92) diapers! We are both trying to be frugal. “Hard times, U.S.A.” So instead, I bought a green friendly toilet bowl cleaner, it doesn’t have any harmful chemicals and it is safe for the environment. I feel safe using it around Kyle, not that I’d let him consume it, I am just not worried about him having to inhale the fumes (which there wasn’t).

We also bought child proof door knob covers since Kyle loves opening and closing the doors and can get into both bathrooms. He likes to play with the stuff underneath the sink. I don’t worry about him consuming anything under there, he usually just makes a mess by taking everything out and then he’ll put them back in once I catch him. We also had to put up the baby gate in the kitchen to keep him from going in there. He liked getting into everything he could and pull stuff out.

For Kyle, we bought him a Spiderman dinner and utensils set. It’s really cute. It came with a plate, a bowl, and fork and spoon.

Kyle was really good and so quiet in the store too. He has gotten fussy and antsy with other visits, but this time he was well behaved like he use to. We got home around his dinner time so that’s when he got a little fussy because he was hungry!

After we got home, I cleaned the toilets. I was going to have Shannon do it but I really wanted to try the new toilet bowl cleaner. I really like cleaning with green friendly products and I actually look forward to cleaning. I was really surprised that it worked really well. So now our toilets are clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment