His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Sunday, September 11, 2011

I caught up on cleaning!

I've been wanting to get some baking soda to use for general cleaning, but I remembered I have Borax which can be used to clean and deodorize.  I used borax to deep clean our bathtub and bathroom sink.  They are both now squeaky clean and as white as they can be (they are old fixtures).  I also cleaned our floors with my swiffer. 

I also wanted to clean up the spot stains on our carpet so I used borax and warm water.  I mixed 1/2 cup of borax and about 2 cups of warm water.  I used a towel to scrub it in to the carpet.  I let it sit for about a half hour and then used the vacuum on the carpet.  The grey stains are gone!  I plan on using dry borax on the carpet.  Sprinkle it on the carpet and let it absorb for about a half hour and then vacuum it up.  I need to do this while Kyle is in school so he won't get into the borax!  This will help remove any odors in the carpet and hopefully make it smell fresher!

No comments:

Post a Comment