His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Bed and Bath items from Walmart

When we moved into our current apartment back in May of 2011, we bought decorative bathroom towels, matching bath mats and a bed set at Walmart.  We chose their Canopy brand because we thought it was supposed to be better quality.  Shannon chose the colors of course -- he loves blue, so it's in a light blue color.  Our towels are gold/yellow color. 

We soon found out that Walmart bed and bath products do not last.  Our towels started unraveling, losing it's shape, and shrinking after a few months!  Our sheets are okay but the bedspread slowly started beading up and making a lot of fuzz balls!  We were forced to wash our bedspread for the first time since May and I can only imagine how it will look when it's washed and dried. 

Since we finally saw how low quality Walmart stuff is, Shannon and I have decided to buy any future things at a department store.  We've been buying our clothes at JC Penney and I just purchased a new bedspread at JC Penney as well.  I am tired of my clothes unraveling, losing it's shape, etc after only a few months. 

I also plan on buying Kyle's clothes and shoes from a department store. 

4 comments:

  1. I am a new follower from the hop!
    Hope you can stop by and check out my blog too!


    Saving Your Green

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was also going to mention that I bought some towels from Walmart and they didn't last but I took them back and got the ones that are one price higher and they seem to be holding up. I have found that at several stores the items are not lasting like they used to. I have some panties from Victoria secret that I bought years ago and they are still in wonderful shape but I bought five new pairs this July and they have all lost their shape, elastic, and color. I had to toss them all! I love JC Penney towels too. I wait and get the $10 off $10 purchase coupons and get two towels for free!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. Some things are really poor quality.

    I'm a new follower from the Blessings Blog Hop. http://dreesthings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Following you from the blog hop. Totally agree on Walmart low quality. Same goes for Old Navy. You get what you pay for.

    ReplyDelete