His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Thursday, December 29, 2011

I have a desktop again

This week, Shannon put together my desk so that I have a place to use the computer.  

After using a laptop since 2007 or so, it's nice to have my own desktop computer to use.  My in-laws gave us their old desktop, so we Shannon set it up this week. When Shannon went to turn it on, it wouldn't work and the button got stuck inside.  When he opened up the tower, he realized that the hard drive had been removed.  Then he remembered telling his dad how to remove it a few months ago.  We think his parents forgot that they removed the hard drive when they gave us their old computer. 

After realizing the tower was useless, we were thankful to at least have a new computer screen, keyboard, and mouse.  We decided to shop online at Best Buy for an affordable tower.  I left that to Shannon to choose.  Last night, we ordered it online and picked it up at the next closest Best Buy.  Shannon set up my desktop and I have been working on setting it up to my preference and will work on transferring my files to my desktop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment