His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Friday, May 30, 2008

Awesome Day & Back to Normal

Today was an awesome day for me. I feel like I accomplished so much! First, I did all of my weekly cleaning today -- I usually clean on Sundays. For some reason, I was in the mood to clean. I also did some laundry and vacuuming, which tend to be everyday chores.

I also took the time to write a letter! I was done with all of my chores and decided I had some free time to sit down and write.

Also, I am really proud of myself because I made our bed. I had to wash our sheets for the second time within the last few days. There was a little accident so the sheets needed to be washed. Anyway, since Shannon was at work, I decided to make the bed. I don’t normally make the bed, I do help though. But I made the entire bed. I usually have Shannon make the bed because he does it the same way housekeepers make it at a hotel. He learned how to make beds from his work experience. So we do our bed the same way.

Lastly, I successfully gave Kyle a bath after 2 months of not having a real bath. Shortly after Shannon started his job, Kyle decided he didn’t like taking baths, nor did he like going outside. There were a few times where we had to hold him down just to wash his hair. In the past, I had given him little sponge/wipe downs instead of a bath. But today, I just tried to give him a bath. He cried a little at first, but then he was back to his normal happy self. He didn’t want to get out of the tub.

I have also been taking Kyle out for walks around the complex! He now likes going outside. I wanted to start walking because I knew that we both needed that extra exercise and Kyle needed to start getting outside again.

No comments:

Post a Comment