His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Crazy Weather and Chores

Today is Mother’s Day! I started my afternoon with writing two pen pal letters! I hope to work on more this week. I am a little behind and don’t like to keep my pen pals waiting too long.

It’s been a crazy weather day! I felt like I was back in Northern Nevada! It started out overcast and then a little rain. Then it was sunny, when a huge grey cloud moved over our complex. That’s when it started hailing for a few minutes. Once the hail stopped, it was overcast again. The sun decided to come out and then it started hailing like mad! When I opened our side door, some of the hail came inside! The hail was a little smaller than golf balls. Shannon had called me from work beforehand to say there was a tornado warning in effect. He said it was hailing the size of golf balls. The hail was so loud, we could hear it hit the rooftops and cars. We even heard a few car alarms go off.

After the weather calmed down, I took the time to clean! I cleaned the kitchen, both bathrooms, and vacuumed. I find myself vacuuming a few times a day. I can’t wait to get our steam vacuum! It’s my Mother’s Day gift. I ordered it online about a week ago and it should be delivered to the store soon. Our carpets need to be deep cleaned and I can’t wait to do that. It will be interesting with Kyle running around. He likes to follow me when I am vacuuming.

No comments:

Post a Comment