His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Peaceful and Rain

Shannon had 2 consecutive days off this week. It literally felt like a very long weekend, it was nice to have him home. We didn’t do much, except hang out at home. Shannon went to Walmart on Tuesday to pick up my steam vacuum. It actually rained for most of the day on Tuesday as well. Even though it was raining throughout the day, it was HOT. It’s been raining at least once a week here. Just perplexing, considering we used to live in the desert!

Shannon also had a chance to spend time with Kyle, which Kyle always enjoys. Shannon had stayed up all night on Monday due to over thinking work issues. He had a chance to see Kyle first thing in the morning, which he NEVER gets to see. I am so used to seeing Kyle first thing that I am used to his smile and cuteness. Anyway, he said he said hi and waved to Kyle and Kyle waved back! I wish I had seen it.

Our friends in Las Vegas had their second child last week as well. They had a baby boy. Since their first one was born via C-Section, their second child was born the same way. Shannon and I are in awe with the idea of having a second child. I think it’s more of a “no way in hell do we want to think about doing that” or “ no way in hell can we see ourselves doing that.” We are ecstatic for them, don’t get me wrong. But for us, we aren’t planning for another child. Perhaps if some of our circumstances change, we can reconsider, just not at this time. But then again, I love my body and I don’t know if I want to have to work again to get it back afterwards. It wasn’t hard to lose the weight, it literally just melted off itself, but other parts of me were being stubborn.

No comments:

Post a Comment