His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Friday, May 9, 2008

Commercialization Annoyance

Is it just me, or does it seem like the media is trying to force Mother’s Day down everyone’s throat? Every other television and radio commercial is for a floral delivery company and how you should buy such and such bouquet or buy one get one free for your mom!

Shannon knows that I love flowers but it’s not my gift of choice. Don’t get me wrong, they are beautiful and they smell good. But they last a good week or two. He actually prefers if I pick something out for myself. He knows me so well.

Of course while we were dating, we bought each other nice gifts. Now that we have Kyle, we think more about him, rather than our wants. If Shannon wants something, he’ll usually buy it and the same goes for myself.

I do believe that all mother’s should be appreciated, just don’t feel like you have to do it in way the media says so. If you appreciate and love your mother, TELL HER!

But, I must close with the following:

HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY TO ALL MOTHERS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment