His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Two days off together

Our Saturday

We had a rainy, windy, thunder, lightning, and hail of a day. We had storms throughout the day. Then around 5:30pm, while we were watching Lost on our DVR, the power went out! We listened to the weather report on our police scanner which was entertaining for a bit. I decided to take a quick power nap too. I was tired and I didn’t get to sleep in until about 1pm, like SOMEONE (my husband) did. The power outage lasted a little over an hour, but it was the longest hour ever. LOL

Our Sunday

Shannon had two consecutive days off this week. We went grocery shopping today at a store we have never been to and unfortunately, we are very disappointed. First, we were over charged for some of the products we bought and she also charged me twice on a few items. I didn’t notice this until we were all in the car ready to go. So, you are probably thinking, it’s my fault for not watching my items being rung up. But, imagine being in a brand new store - I prefer to check out my surroundings, watch my son, and make sure my husband doesn’t need help. We decided not to go back into the store and dispute the bill because there was only one cashier and there was a line forming, and most of all, Kyle was getting antsy.

I was going to email the company but unfortunately they don’t list an email address or even a “contact us” page. Then I thought I would call the store and I can’t even find their phone number. Even when I looked on the yellow pages website, there are no phone numbers listed for ANY of their stores, just the addresses. The ONLY way to contact them is to write them a letter! I am so pissed that I couldn't find a phone number or an email address that I just may write them. LOL Shannon says not to worry about it, but this will bother me.

All in all, we have decided not to return to this particular store. They don’t deserve our business. They advertise LOW prices, but they must get away with doing that by actually overcharging their customers at checkout. When a product is marked at a certain price, I expect to be charged that, not overcharged. Plus, they don't carry some of the poducts that I use, so we only ended up buying a portion of what we normally buy. So, we are sticking with Walmart.

We also shaved Kyle’s head! He didn’t like the whole process but after it was over, he was fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment