His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Monday, January 11, 2010

Power Outage = No School

We took Kyle to school this morning and pulled in to an empty parking lot. Usually there are other parents waiting in their cars for the door to be opened. It was also dark inside. Our first reaction was to check the time...again. Are we early? Are we late? Did we miss something? Was there no school today? Shortly after we pulled in and parked, another preschool teacher ran up to our car to explain that the power was out, which meant no heat! They were basically sending kids home. She told us that they had no idea how long it would take to get the power back on. We ended up taking Kyle home with us. As we drove by the front of the school, we noticed it was the entire school that had no power! Shannon and I couldn't understand why they don't have a backup generator!?

I had the last 3 days off and it was glorious! It was so relaxing and I feel re-charged! I did all of our laundry on my first day off. I also had a chance to catch up on my workouts! Since I have been working so much, I barely had the energy or time to devote to working out.

Shannon had a second job interview on Saturday, it was a phone interview with the Director of Operations. His first interview was with one of the owners of the company. Today, he received an email asking for "at least 3 references," which is a really good sign! The job location is close to the law school he was looking at going to! He is going for a property manager position with a hotel.

My FIL had to have his truck towed, the clutch wouldn't work right. It's probably because of our cold temperatures!

Shannon helped his mom rearrange the furniture in the living room. His mom wanted to move the couch, chair, and area rug around. It looks nice. It's in a similar layout as when we first move here.

No comments:

Post a Comment