His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Getting ready for New Job

Shannon has spent the last few days getting ready to start his new job on Monday! Yesterday, he went to JC Penney's and bought "business casual pants" and polo shirts, all in neutral colors. He also bought work shoes and a belt. Today, we went to Walmart and bought groceries for Kyle and myself. I also bought toiletries to pack for Shannon, since he wouldn't think of those to pack. I had to buy him a travel soap container, lotion for men (for face and body), and travel size shampoo. He picked out a laptop shoulder bag for when he travels. We didn't need soap since we still have plenty of soap left from when we bought a 16 pack of soap from BJ's Warehouse! LOL Which reminds me of the following commercial:



Shannon is due to start work on Monday at 8:30 AM, which means he will be leaving at 6 AM. The job location is about an hour and a half away. He wants to leave early, just in case. He doesn't want to be late on his first day!

As for groceries, I planned out Kyle friendly food choices. Plus, I am a little rusty on feeding Kyle on a daily basis since I was working so much. Hopefully Kyle will like them, or at least try them. This week he likes corn dogs so we bought more of those. He also likes broccoli, which is another surprise! He'll eat both the stem and floret. I also bought a variety of breakfast foods, such as bagels, yogurt, and frozen blueberries (to add to yogurt). I picked up a few packages of Uncle Ben's rice that come in the pouch, I have never tried them but they look good (plus I had a coupon). I had coupons for a few other things, so I bought some food items that we haven't tried yet.

Back in November, I bought Kyle 2 pairs of slippers. When I tried to put them on, he didn't like them on his feet and he quickly took them off. Well, 2 months later, I finally put a pair on his feet and he didn't take them off!!! He seems to like them too!

No comments:

Post a Comment