His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

To the Mall We Go

My MIL had a 3 hour shift to cover as a volunteer for the Artist Guild here in our city. My in-laws belong to the Artist Guild and they are asked to volunteer in the gallery. The gallery is located in the mall. She asked if Kyle and I would like to go and just hang out at the mall while she is working. They have a place where they have 3 different bouncy houses and she wanted to see if Kyle would like bouncing in them. It turns out, he didn't. I even got in with him and bounced a few times. He got the idea of the bouncing part, but he wasn't having any fun. After that, he pretty much whined and cried the entire time. He did calm down near the end and was even running around and jumping as usual.

In between his whining and crying, I walked through the department stores. The only other store I did stop in was Bath & Body Works. I bought 3 lotions and 3 lip glosses! While in there, I noticed that most of their products don't even has prices on them, which is really sneaky. The lotions I bought were actually marked at $4, so that's why I bought them. They had several signs that said "buy 3 get 1 free" or even "buy 4 and get 2 free" or something like that.

I think the 3 hours wouldn't have been so bad if the mall was bigger and offered better stores. The mall here is really lame, plus they don't even have a food court! Their "food court" is an IHOP and some other place I have never heard of that offers southern-friendly food. YUCK! I entertained Kyle with the little waterfalls they have in the center of the mall. I also brought snacks and juice boxes, which I am glad I did!

When we got home, we all ate because we were so hungry! I am exhausted and I hope Kyle goes to bed early tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment