His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Friday, January 22, 2010

Frugally Fun

I am so proud of myself! I made my own sugar scrubs and homemade laundry soap! I decided to make my own sugar scrubs because I recently became infatuated with Bath and Body Works and browsing their website. Although it doesn't help that I am on their email list, so they are sending me specials and coupons now. I don't mind it, it's just so tempting

I love using different beauty products (even though I have way too much already). When I have time to pamper and treat myself, I am going to take advantage! I saw some sugar scrubs on the "bath and body" website and that got me thinking about making my own! I love searching online for beauty recipes to try and found many different versions. Thankfully I found a simple recipe that I made with things I already have.

After I made my sugar scrubs, I decided to finally make homemade laundry soap! I found this recipe not too long ago and it looked really simple to make. I liked this version since it uses DRY ingredients, without having to melt or mix it with water and store it in a bucket, etc. The hardest part was grating the soap, it took me so long to do since I did it by hand using a cheese grater! I decided to make it because my skin is experiencing an odd reaction and I am not sure if it's with our current laundry detergent, our bath soap, or just a reaction to the winter weather! I don't think it's our bath soap because I recently switched brands and I have used this brand in the past and never had a problem.

Regardless, I love going natural, going green, and saving money whenever I can! Overall, both recipes were really easy to make. Grating the soap was the only "un-fun" part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment