His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Doctor Visit and Groceries

Today was Kyle's doctor appointment. This time around it was less stressful for me because Shannon went in with us to see the doctor. The last time we were there, Shannon didn't go in with me. When Kyle saw that his dad didn't come in the back, he started getting nervous. Kyle didn't like when the nurses wanted to take his temperature and all the other things they do so that made him start to cry. So I was left there to talk to the doctor myself and have to calm Kyle down. It was just stressful, overwhelming, and unfair to me. This time around, I asked Shannon to help out. We wanted to see the doctor to discuss Kyle's developmental delays. I told the doctor that we're going to get him back into speech therapy at home. He does have speech therapy at school but it's only one day a week and it's in a group setting. He may be in speech therapy at school, but we have NO IDEA what they are working on or what he's learning. Since summer is coming up, it will be nice to have him in speech therapy while school is out as well. The doctor set us up for a hearing test in a few weeks with another doctor.

Another thing I brought up with Shannon was how he is in the waiting room. When we went to sign up for WIC last year, Shannon held Kyle on his lap while in the waiting room. He wouldn't let Kyle walk or play around. Also, the last time we were at the doctor's office, Shannon did the same thing in the waiting room. There was another family next to us and the mother let her two daughters play on the ground and another little girl came over to play with them. I think the other mom thought it was odd, because she asked us if Kyle wanted to read one of their books they had. So this time, Shannon had Kyle sit down at the table with the child-size chairs. Kyle got up a few times to look around the waiting area and to see where the other little voices were coming from. I was glad to see that Shannon was able to let go!

That's another annoying thing about Kyle being in preschool. They don't send home any type of progress reports or let us know what they are learning, etc. We feel like we're in the dark. Kyle doesn't talk so we can't ask him. Although he is sent home with his art projects, which is cute to see!

After Kyle's appointment, we went to Walmart for groceries! I brought my coupons and ended up using about half of them. Kyle had fun! Shannon was starving so he had to keep himself out of the aisles as much as he could.

I received my rug & carpet shampoo yesterday and was disappointed to see that they knowingly and purposely sent me a leaking product. How do I know this? The container was wrapped in two plastic bags, indicating to me that they KNEW it was leaking! I was disappointed because I have ordered from this site several times in the past. I contacted them with a sarcastic message. I pretty much "thanked" them for sending me a leaking product and that I just love not getting my moneys worth! LOL I was so upset! They have already responded with an apology and I am unsure of how to respond. I am not sure if I want a refund or a replacement product, I think I just wanted them to KNOW what happened. If I have time, I hope to clean the carpets tomorrow while Kyle is in school! I did have a chance to use it yesterday. I cleaned our bedroom and it had a nice fresh smell.

No comments:

Post a Comment