His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

He went home early

I packed Kyle's backpack with the 3 bags of candy and plastic eggs. He got ready and got on the bus without a problem. A little over an hour after school started, Kyle's teacher called and said he was crying, she wasn't sure if he had a temperature, so she took him to the office and he didn't. They weren't sure if he was coming down with something. Every time Kyle gets sick, it sneaks up on us and we don't realize it until we SEE it, since he can't TELL us he isn't feeling well. After I got off the phone with her, I decided to workout. About 15 minutes into my workout, the teacher called again and said he may have a toothache and he was still crying/whining. So we had to go pick him up!

When we got home, I gave him something to eat. Then we went outside for nice fresh air. I soaked up the sun and still trying to slowly get a tan. I put sunscreen on both Kyle and myself as well.

He seems fine now that we're home and he's eaten. We're just going to pay attention to see if he's coming down with something. His grandparents have been sick for the last week or so.

Shannon and I both talked about Kyle needing more one-on-one attention. We can't afford a special school, so I called his speech therapist from last July about setting him up with speech therapy again. We had to stop last year because our Medicaid was cut-off. Since we're back on Medicaid, we need to get him into speech therapy. He does have speech therapy at school, but it's only one day a week and it's in a group setting. Plus, we have no idea what they are working on!

1 comment: